Social Innovation Simulation is created using the Visual WordPress theme. Among other things, this allows for the beautiful infinite scrolling, and attractive gridded photographs. A key advantage of this format is that videos can be played right from the main page. The reader can easily sample multiple models without having to drill down.
Here is a handy checklist to ensure that your piece fits neatly with our style criteria.
- if the piece involves a design principles (even if it is a story), make sure that the design principle is in the title of the piece.
- use italicized green captions, left justified, immediately under each photograph or image. There should be no space between the image or caption. You can achieve this using a shift-return, or by using a <BR> tag.
- make sure that there is a graphic at the top, and that it is 670 pixels wide
- if you wish to only have a graphic on the main page, use a featured graphic, and make sure that it is 326 pixels wide. Re-sizing before upload not only saves space on the server, it makes the page load faster.
- make sure the more tag is present no more than two paragraphs into the piece
- use Heading 1, indented, in green, for pull quotes
“use Heading 1, indented, in green, for pull quotes”
- make sure that the piece is categorized
- make sure that it has at least one tag
- make sure that the author is correct
- in tutorials, boldface the first sentence, or the first few words of lengthy list items, so that they’re easy to distinguish.
- where it makes sense, use <code> instead of <pre> — it formats and line-wraps better. For <code> tag, you need to use the Text mode.
- make sure that there is italicized text about the author at the bottom (or top) if the post is being cross-posted.